Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jane's Observations from the Draper Temple Open House

So I thought I'd pass on a few of the gems that Jane shared with us on Tuesday when we went to the Draper Temple open house.

When we first entered the temple there was a very large painting of Christ with an outstrecthed arm. (I tried to find a copy of it to scan in, but due to my poor internet searching skills, I couldn't find it, but those of you around my age would recognize the picture from the beginning of our personal progress books. It's the one with the overlay of the temple.) Jane's first observation was that

"Jesus wears flip-flops."

As we continued through the temple, she noticed that

"Jesus Christ is everywhere!"

We then explained to her that there were lots of pictures of Jesus because the temple is Jesus' house. She then made sure that we all knew

"This is Jesus' house. It's not me's house. It's not you's house."

We continued through the temple, she continued to recognize pictures of
Christ and like most 2 year-olds do, she made sure we knew it.

Finally, as we were walking back down the stairs to exit the temple we saw this picture:

"Jesus Christ is a Fairy!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's our Janie:)Love grandma c

Megan, John and kids said...

At least you were able to find the picture that really mattered to go with her observations. I'm glad that you didn't title the post "Jesus Christ is a fairy", you might have had some interesting hits. It's really such a great experience for them to get to go through the temple, even if Jane had some different observations, at least it was a learning opportunity.

Queen of the Hill said...

She is such a cutie!

Stacey said...

What a crack up! Is there never a dull moment around your house? I love reading you and your sisters' blogs.

Mrs. Porter said...

That is absolutely the cutest thing I've ever heard! :) love ya! noe

hOLLIANN said...

Hi Emily and Cory, I am working on collecting information for our class reunion. Do the McKinnon's still live over there, and if so, do you happen to have their number?

holliann at gmail dot com