I confess that I was a bit prideful when it came to my canning. Well, I've been humbled. On Wednesday I burned myself very badly (a severe second degree burn). I don't recommend holding jars full of apple slices while filling with boiling hot pie filling. I had to sleep in a chair with my hand in ice water overnight to get the burning pain to stop.
Since I've been complaining about how bad my burn is to a lot of you, I tried to photograph it so you can all see my battle wounds.
This pic shows how it wraps around to the inner side of my thumb.

This one shows how long it is (from my cuticle down to just above the bottom knuckle).

This one shows how far it stands up.

And this is just another shot of how gross it is.

1 comment:
holy cow, Emily!!! That looks like it really hurts. Good luck with that. Hey, I'm loving all your vacation pics--I'm glad you guys had such a good time! Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment